Wednesday, September 2, 2009

隣のトトロ Tonari no Totoro Transcript

My vocabulary isn't progressing as fast as I wish, so here I try to boost it up with few minutes of Totoro transript. I cheated a bit having Totoro romaji transcript available. Scroll down to start video playing.

aruku aruku (あるく) watashi wa genki Let's walk, let's walk, I feel fine.
aruku no daisuki (だいすき) don-don (どんどん) ikou いこう I love to walk, let's go steadily from this point forward.

sakamichi さかみち TONNERU kusa くさち para An uphill, a tunnel, a meadow,
ipponbashi いっぽんばし ni dekoboko でこぼこ jari じゃり michi みち At a log bridge, a bumpy gravel road.
kumonosu くものす kugutte くぐる kudari くだり michi みち Spiderweb, dive into downhill road.

* Repeat

mitsubachi ga bun-bun ぶんぶんいう hanabatake はなばたけ A honeybee buzzes in a flowergarden,
hinata ひなた ni tokage とかげ hebi へび wa hirune ひるね sunshine on a lizard, a snake in a siesta nap,
batta ばった ga tonde とんで magari まがり-michi a grasshopper leaps flying along the curving path.

* Repeat

kitsune きつね mo tanuki たぬき mo dete でて oide おいで Foxes and racoons too, out, come!
tanken たんけん-shiyou しよう hayashi はやし no oku おく made expedition-way into the woods deep inside.
tomodachi ともだち takusan たくさん ureshii うれしい na Friends so many (I've), I'm so happy.
tomodachi takusan ureshii na I have lots of friends, I'm so happy.





SATSUKI: otousan, kyarameru
Daddy, caramel ?

OTOUSAN: o, arigatou, kutabireru
くたびれる ka
Oh, thank you very much, tired?

SATSUKI: uun

OTOUSAN: mou jiki da yo
It's just a little further

SATSUKI: atsu mei kakure~te
かくれて
Mei! Hide!

omawari
おまわり san janakatta o^i
It wasn't a cop. HI-I-I!

OTOUSAN: ouchinokata donata ka irasshaimasen ka
Sorry to bother you, but are your parents around anywhere?

Ah, Domo.
Thank you.

kusakabe desu hikkoshite (ひっこうしします) kimashita.
We're Kusakabe. We've moved in.

yoroshiku onegaishimasu.
'Your favor is humbly requested'

MAN VOICE: gokurou sama desu
Thank you for your trouble!

OTOUSAN: domo arigato
Thanks a lot.

OTOUSAN: saa tsuita ついた yo
Well, we've arrived.

SATSUKI: hyaa

MEI: a matte
Wait!

SATSUKI: mei, hashi はし (bridge) ga aru ある(there is) yo
Mei, there's a bridge.

MEI: hashi
Bridge?

SATSUKI: sakana (fish) hora (look) mata (again) hikata ひかる(shine)
Fish. See, it flashed again.

OTOUSAN: douどう(how) dai だいい(much), kini
itta きにいる (like) ka
Well, do you like it?

SATSUKI: otousan suteki すてき ne.
Father, it's beautiful!

kino tonneru
A tunnel of trees.

SATSUKI: aa, ano uchi うち (house)
Ah, that house?

MEI: uwaa ahahaha^

SATSUKI: hayaku はやく
Quick!

Well, I see I need to learn ~た (ta) verb form ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment